WHO WE ARE
This website is provided by Maple Bear Global Schools.
You can find more information about Maple Bear Global Schools at the About Us tab and/or by contacting us. For our address details, please see our Contact page.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, Maple Bear Global Schools is the controller of personal information.
Controller – Means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal information.
Personal Information – Means information that is able to identify, directly or indirectly, an individual including name, age, home address and phone number, social security number, marital status, income, credit history, education, employment information.
Special Category of Personal Information – Means personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, genetic data, biometric, data concerning health or sexual orientation.
Processing – Means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Cookie – Means a small text file stored on your Internet browser, used to distinguish the website visitor from other users (the website ’remembers’ who you are).
Privacy Officer – Means the individual designated responsibility for ensuring that Maple Bear Global Schools complies with this policy and the applicable personal data protection legislation.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information in order to properly provide our services and we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
Types of Personal Information
Any personal information you voluntarily give us related to the provision of the Maple Bear Global Schools services:
- names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details, e.g. information collected through forms or in the course of interaction or communication;
Personal information automatically collected when you interact with Maple Bear Global Schools website:
- network and connection information, e.g. IP address, information about your Internet service provider;
- device information, e.g. device, application, browser type and version, operating system, time zone setting;
- the location of your device, and
- identifiers and information contained in cookies.
We might also collect personal information from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need to process personal information data as part of our daily operation, to carry out our ordinary duties to staff, students and parents.
Most of our processing activities are carried out to fulfil our contractual obligations and legal duties.
Some processing activities shall rely on consent to be legitimately carried out. In those cases, we endeavor our best efforts to assure the consent’s requirements follow the applicable personal data protection law.
We may also use personal information in accordance with our legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided that these interests are not outweighed by the impact on individuals and provided it does not involve special categories of personal information.
Our purposes for using personal information include:
- To properly provide our education services, to monitor students’ progress and their educational needs, to safeguard students’ welfare and to take appropriate action in the event of an emergency, incident or accident;
- To communicate with you via different channels, such as phone and e-mail, and to respond to your requests;
- To market and promote our educational services. For example, we may use personal information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about matters we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites. We may keep you on our mailing lists until you ask us not to contact you further.
- To better understand how users access and use our websites and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to measure the use, analyze performance, fix errors, improve and develop our website;
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our website.
- To prevent and detect fraud and abuse to protect the security of our students, parents and our staff, and
- To comply with our legal obligations, such as child protection and health and safety duties.
We may also ask for consent to use personal information for a specific purpose that we shall always inform you at the time of collection.
Where Maple Bear Global Schools relies on consent as means to process personal information, subject to certain exceptions, any person may withdraw its consent at any time. An individual’s decision to withdraw their consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or offer a particular product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist the individual in making the decision.
The consent can be provided orally, in writing, electronically, or through an authorized representative.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information and its protection are very relevant to our business and we do not sell, under no circumstance, personal information to third parties.
We may share personal information only as described on this Privacy Statement and with third parties that are compliant with the applicable data protection law and follow practices at least as protective as those described herein.
Maple Bear Global Schools shares personal information with third parties, such as:
- Other companies belonging to the Maple Bear Global Schools group;
- Government authorities and appropriate regulatory bodies, when required to do so by them;
- Third-party service providers, such as professional advisers, IT systems and cloud storage providers. These third-party service providers are contractually bound, have limited access to personal information and may not use it for purposes other than those contractually established.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Maple Bear Global Schools shall securely retain personal information for as long as it is required to fulfill the purposes described herein, as may be required by law or as otherwise informed to you.
We emphasize that the period of retention may vary depending on the purpose for its use, and we will delete your personal information following the applicable law.
Individuals have various rights under data protection legislation, such as:
- ask whether Maple Bear Global Schools hold personal information about you and request copies of such personal information and information about how it is processed;
- request that inaccurate personal information is corrected;
- request deletion of personal information that is no longer necessary for the purposes underlying the processing, processed based on withdrawn consent, or processed in non-compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- request to restrict the processing of personal information where the processing is inappropriate;
- object to the processing of personal information; and
- request portability of personal information that you have provided to us, where the processing of such personal information is based on consent or a contract with you and is carried out by automated means.
Any request related to personal information must be made in writing to Fabio Silva [firstname.lastname@example.org] and Rebecca Manning [email@example.com]. You must provide sufficient detail so we can (i) confirm your identity and (ii) identify the personal information being sought.
We will endeavour to respond to any such written requests as soon as is reasonably practicable and within regulatory time-limits. If a request is refused in full or in part, we will notify you in writing, providing the reasons for refusal and the recourse available.
A minimal fee may be charged for providing access to personal information. Where a fee may apply, we will inform you of the cost and request further direction on whether or not we should proceed with the request.
You are also granted the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
We will not discriminate against any individual for exercising their rights.
Maple Bear Global Schools will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of personal information. All staff and service providers will be made aware of our data protection policies and their duties under data protection law.
We are committed to ensuring the security of personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
The following security measures will be followed to ensure that personal information is appropriately protected:
- Use of locked filing cabinets;
- Physically securing offices where personal information is held;
- The use of user IDs, passwords;
- Implementation of protocols and policies regarding the use of personal information, technology and devices;
- Restricting staff access to personal information as appropriate (e.g. only those that need to know will have access; contractually requiring any service providers to provide comparable security measures);
- Providing relevant training to our employees.
We will use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information such as shredding documents and deleting electronically stored information.
We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
For further information about cookies, please read our Cookie Notice.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS – PRIVACY OFFICER
Any comments, complaint or questions regarding this Privacy Statement or Maple Bear Global School’s compliance with the applicable data protection legislation should be directed in writing to our Privacy Officer.
Maple Bear Global Schools’ Privacy Officers: Rebecca Manning, firstname.lastname@example.org and Fabio da Silva, Fabio.email@example.com